Saturday, November 13, 2010

Need a little help from my friends!

Happy Saturday Peeps! Can you feel it? Winter is in the air!

You know, I thought I'd have all of this extra time on my hands now that I'm not working full time. Wrong-O Joe! This week was crazy busy and went by in a flash! By the end of the week it was cold and wet and I found myself not wanting to leave the house at all!

I had another one of those weeks where I felt like I got a lot done, yet my house looks like a tornado hit it! It didn't help that on Thursday Paul decided to clean our dryer by taking the vacuum/leaf blower to it. Here's this thing. I ADORE that my husband takes initiative on stuff like this because, well, frankly....I don't. But sometimes it backfires and this was one of those times. After some blood, sweat & tears (mostly by Paul) we decided that the dryer has died. The cause of death is unknown except that it was working fine pre-leaf blower treatment, but now doesn't so much as try to turn on. I'm sure someone out there knows how to fix it (and its probably a $2 part) but we decided to take the $100 to have someone come look at it and apply it to a new set. We got a great deal at Home Depot, so on Wednesday we will be the proud owners of a new washer and dryer! And...in accurate reflection of the nearly reverse roles in our home...Paul is MUCH more excited about it than I am! I do love that man!

But...our dryer saga is not what this blog is about. I know I have a lot of work from home/stay at home mommies that read my blog are friends on Facebook where I will link this blog and I need some advice.

What do you do with a very active 3 year old boy for 8 hours/day? 

Seriously. I don't know!

Here's the thing. I had the whole "working outside the home 8 hours a day, Mommy" thing down. We had schedules and rules and some rules we bent because we were too tired and didn't have enough time with the kids  anyhow. I (sorta) knew what I was doing in that realm.

But, this staying home thing has me sputtering!

This was our first week home and I had decided to treat this one a bit like I would a vacation week. We hung out, watched some movies, ran some errands and had very little structure. Obviously, moving forward, I don't want him spending all day watching SpongeBob and Alvin & the Chipmunks while I clean/paint/organize, etc. I need to learn how to balance getting stuff done around the house and spending some QT with my little man. Now that I'm not working outside of the home I feel a lot more pressure for the house to be clean and organized and for Brock to be learning and doing creative things like he did at daycare.

Wow, this is really a rambling post, isn't it? Sorry for that! If any of you have any advice on schedules, activities, ideas on how to balance working from home with being a stay at home mom, I would LOVE it! I know we will find what works for us but I would love to hear what has worked for you!

For the record, I tried desperately to combine reading, art, creativity and computer lessons by having him spend yesterday morning reading DIY Blogs with me. Yeah. Didn't work!

Its going to be a cold, wet day and we are looking forward to a relaxing one! I have a 1 1/2 hour kickboxing class this morning (that I need desperately!) and Mikki's daughter Kaleigh is coming to spend the night with us (this kids are coming out of their skin with excitement...apparently she's cool and I'm not!) and Maycen has dance...but other than that it will be a day of movies, football, food and cuddling!

Have a great weekend everyone!

And...of course...GO CYCLONES! Big game today after the heart breaker last week (that I'm still not ready to talk about).

No comments:

Post a Comment