Monday, September 13, 2010

My VERY FIRST Meal Planning Monday!

As you all know, I'm new to this whole blogging thing. However, I have read several blogs for quite some time, and there are a few ideas that I really like. One of them is posting a "Meal Planning Monday" blog. I like this when other people do it because I have seen some yummy recipes and get ideas. I like the idea of doing it for myself because I've said for years (notice how often I say "I've said for years"...apparently I've procrastinated A LOT!) how much easier my life would be if I planned out meals every week...and I'm hoping this will help me finally do just that! So, here we go:

Monday: I teach KB at 5:30 tonight so convenience food it is. Stouffer's Rigatoni w/ Chicken is a family favorite and not the worst frozen dinner out there.

Tuesday: Campbell's Beef & Pasta only probably made with turkey instead of beef.

Wednesday: Wednesdays are usually a bit of a free for all since Paul is working and its just the kids and I. Probably leftovers from Tuesday!

Thursday: I've been anxious to try the Chicken, Ranch & Rice soup that I saw on here a few weeks ago. With a high of only 66 degrees being forecast, I think this will be a good day for it!

Friday: Turkey Sloppy Joes. These are DELISH and a family favorite!

1lb ground turkey
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 red onion, chopped
8 oz tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1 tsp chili powder

Brown turkey with pepper & onion (I often skip the onion b/c the kiddos don't like it). Add tomato sauce, ketchup, bbq sauce & chili powder. Simmer for about 10 minutes over low heat or until thickened. Serve on a bun w/ homemade fries. YUMMO!

Saturday: Homemade Cheeseburger Calzones

Sunday: Spaghetti w/ turkey meatballs.

Can you tell by this menu that I'm a little tired of the grill! I'm certain in 4 months I'll be sending Paul out in the sub-zero temps for grilled chicken!

Of course, I can't forget to mention the big game from the weekend. Unfortunately the game itself was a total letdown (or maybe that was just for me?), but Paul and I had a great time tailgating with friends & family. It was my first trip to Kinnick in 14 years and overall it was a great experience!
{House Divided}

No comments:

Post a Comment