Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reality blog!

I am always saying that if cameras were to come into our home, we would have a bigger hit than Jon & Kate Plus 8! As in most homes with children, there is never a dull moment. At the very least, I figure someday I'll write a hilariously engaging book that everyone in the world my kids will read!


So, with my future best seller in mind, I thought it was time to start really documenting some of the crazy antics that go on in the Johnson household. And - what better way to do that than a blog, where I can simultaneously share these funny stories with all of you! Before we get started I'll update you on our family.


Off we go...


Paul is the Store Manager at the Dahls Foods store in Ankeny. He loves being at this store because it gives him the chance to connect to the community he lives in is a five minute drive from our house! I tease! He really does enjoy working in Ankeny and seeing familiar faces in his store on a regular basis. It is our hope that he will stay there for a long time to come! He is a great dad and is always very busy chasing the kiddos around.


I (Stephanie) am the Director of Marketing for NationJob.com in downtown Des Moines. It is a small company and I've worked here since my early teens. I get to work with my mom, which has it challenges, but I can't imagine not seeing her every day!


Maycen is almost 7 and just started 1st grade. She loves school! She is very excited for dance to start in a couple of weeks. This will be her fifth year in dance and her fourth year on the competition team. After 2 years of begging (her, not me!), she will be doing a solo this year. I'm scared to death a little nervous that my baby girl will be on stage all by herself, but I know she will do great! She is a lovely young lady with the softest heart!


Brock. Brock, Brock, Brock. What can we say about him? From the moment he wakes up in the morning, to the moment he lays down at night, he is moving! He is so busy that most nights after we give kisses, "I loves you's" and shut his bedroom door, Paul and I just look at each other and sigh! He is very stubborn and definitely has a temper that he gets from his mom learned from the kids at daycare! He is so funny and has a laugh that is completely contagious!


Every year at this time I say the same thing, "I can't believe is already September"! It seems like with every season we look forward to the next one when things will slow down, yet the next season comes and goes and we are busier than ever! Realizing this, I feel its more important than ever to cherish every minute of every day, because life really is too short! Hopefully, through this blog, we will be able to connect a little more to our loved ones and keep you all more up to date on the happenings of our life.


At least until we sign the contract...then you can just watch us on TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment