Sunday, October 31, 2010

Big changes

I am overcome with the strangest feeling this afternoon because, beginning tomorrow there are some big changes happening in the Johnson house and I'm not quite sure how I feel about them.

Effective tomorrow, I am officially unemployed.

I don't want to go into all of the details of the last 6 months, but lets just say that it really comes as no surprise. As a matter of fact, I sort of recommended it. Weird, right? I'm confident that everything will work out exactly as it should, but after having a full time job since I was 18 years old, the fact that I don't have to get up and go to work tomorrow morning, and its not a vacation day, or a holiday, is strange! To add to the surreal feeling, Paul is out of town this week. This is a complete 180 from the norm for us. Usually I am the one traveling for work. This time it was me packing up my hubby and kissing him on the way out the door! It seems odd, but I'm actually looking forward to a week with just me and the kiddos!

This week Brock will still go to day care full time, which gives me a few days to get some things done around the house and ready to have a home office. I will be doing contract marketing work here and there...and Paul's current set-up is anything but creativity inspiring! The week after that I'll officially be a stay at home/work from home mommy!

1 comment: